College Level Examination Program
Shorten your path to a college degree by CLEP Testing! The College-Level Examination Program or CLEP provides students of any age with the opportunity to demonstrate college-level achievement through a program of exams in undergraduate college courses. There are 2,900 colleges that grant credit and/or advanced standing for CLEP exams.
Please check with an advisor or counselor prior to taking any CLEP Exam, or refer to the Austin Community College Catalog Page to insure credit can be awarded. Non ACC students need to check with an advisor or counselor at the college they plan to attend to ensure credit can be awarded. This testing center cannot advise or counsel students about CLEP scores and the credit that will be awarded.
Note About Awarding Credit For CLEP Exam: Score results may take between 3-4 weeks for college composition or college composition modular. Visit the College Board CLEP web site for additional information. Listed below are the CLEP exams that are currently being offered.
- Financial Accounting
- Information Systems and Computer Applications
- Principles of Management
- Introductory Business Law
- Principles of Marketing
Composition and Literature
- American Literature
- Analyzing and Interpreting Literature
- College Composition
- College Composition Modular
- English Literature
- French Language (Levels 1 and 2)
- German Language (Levels 1 and 2)
- Spanish Language (Levels 1 and 2)
History and Social Science
- American Government
- History of the U.S. I.: Early Colonization to 1877
- History of the U.S. II.: 1865 to Present
- Human Growth and Development
- Introduction to Educational Psychology
- Principles of Macroeconomics
- Principles of Microeconomics
- Introductory Psychology
- Introductory Sociology
- Social Sciences and History
- Western Civilization I: Ancient Near East to 1648
- Western Civilization II: 1648 to the Present
Science and Mathematics
- College Algebra
- College Mathematics
- Natural Sciences
Register For This Test
Important: You must have this Registration Form completed before attempting to register for a CLEP exam.
CLEP tests are given at 2:00 PM Monday through Friday. Test appointments must be made at least one business day in advance. In order to secure an appointment, you must register online or in person at least one business day in advance to pay the $35 proctoring fee. Appointments are limited, so please register early.
Each CLEP test has a proctoring fee and a test fee. The proctoring fee is $35 (or $40 for college composition modular for non-ACC students). The $35 proctoring fee is paid on the day you register for your test. The $80.00 test fee is paid on the day you take your test by major credit card only. All fees are non- refundable and due before you begin the exam. If you are late, absent, or reschedule on the day of your test, you forfeit the proctoring fee, and you must repay the proctoring fee to get a new appointment.
To pay the test registration fee for the CLEP online:
- Select "Pay for an Exam" at http://continue.austincc.edu/testing/
- Email registration form to email@example.com or fax to 512-223-7734
- Call 512-223-7769 to schedule your test appointment
To pay the test registration fee for the CLEP in person:
- Bring the $35 registration fee to ACC Highland Business Center, 5930 Middle Fiskville Rd., Room 104, Austin, TX 78752
- Complete the Registration Form
- The test appointment can be made at that time.
You must present two forms of identification to take the test. The primary ID must be a government issued photo ID such as a: State issued driver's license, State issued identification card, Military identification, Passport, Government (national or foreign) identification that shows name, address, date of birth, photograph, and signature.
The secondary ID must have a photo or signature such as a: Student ID, Social Security Card, Signed Credit Card or Employee ID.
Supplies & Prohibited Items
We provide paper and writing utensils. Students cannot bring cell phones, food, drink, pagers, PDAs, any wireless communication devices, digital watches, alarm watches, any device that can take photographs or video, calculators, radios, tote bags, textbooks, note books, coats, hats (unless worn as a religious requirement), hand-held electronic games, or other nonessential items. If you are subject to getting cold during long periods of seating you can bring a sweater but you must be prepared to keep it on for the duration of the exam.
Assessment Center Location
Business Assessment Center | 5930 Middle Fiskville Rd | Austin TX 78752