Become a Certified Texas Principal!
If you have a passion for working with students, and believe you are ready to lead both campus faculty and staff toward educational innovation focusing on student growth, then the ACC Principal Certification Program is for you. Approved and accredited by the State Board for Educator Certification, our program will guide you through a well-defined pathway toward earning your Principal as Instructional Leader Certification.
In order to be eligible for this program you must meet the following two requirements:
- At least two years of verifiable teaching experience with a Texas Teaching Certificate.
- Hold a Master's degree or, or within 15 hours of completion.
- Hold a minimum 2.5 GPA
Your Pathway to Success
The Principal Certification Program at ACC consists of the following six courses in addition to a 160 Hour Practicum in your current job or in a Principal or Assistant Principal internship.
- EDAC-2070: The Principal as Instructional Leader
- EDAC-2071: The Principal as Manager of Human Capital
- EDAC-2072: The Principal as Executive Leader
- EDAC-2073: The Principal as Cultural Leader
- EDAC-2074: The Principal as Strategic Planner
- EDAC-2075: Ethics, Equity, and Diversity
This Program Requires An Application!Download
Get Started Now!
Complete a program application; send official transcripts reflecting a conferred Master's degree with a minimum GPA of 2.5 overall or in the last 60 hours, verification of at least two years of teaching experience, and arrange for a personal interview.
Do you have questions, or would like assistance with the application process? Please do not hesitate to reach out to the Program Coordinator.