The Code to a New Career!
The need for trained medical coding specialists is on the rise. To meet this growing demand, Austin Community College Continuing Education offers a one semester daytime program or a two semester online program.
About the Program
The Medical Billing & Coding CE program consists of ten (10) course sections and may be completed in as little as in one semester in a daytime classroom program, or two semesters online.
- HPRS-1006 Essentials of Medical Terminology
- MDCA-1009 Anatomy & Physiology for Medical Assistants
- MDCA-1002 Human Disease/Pathophysiology
- HITT-1053 Legal & Ethical Aspects of Health Info
- HITT-1049 Pharmacology
- HITT-1013 Insurance Coding
- HITT-1041 Coding & Classification Systems
- HITT-2040 Advanced Medical Insurance Billing
- HITT-2045 Coding Certification Exam Review
- One Classroom Semester that takes place 9am - 4pm (with hour lunch), Monday - Friday. Classes for the Spring Semester begin on January 11, 2021.
- Two Online Semesters with 5 Non-Coding Classes in Semester 1, and 4 Coding Classes in Semester 2. Online classes for the Spring Semester begin on January 11, 2021.
Step 1: Print the program application from this page, and complete items 1-3 on the checklist.
Step 2: Call (512) 223-7055, or Email Bettye Kochendorfer.
Step 3: Either scan or send a picture from your phone of the completed application to our Applications Specialist, Berta Flores, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For all Castlebranch questions, contact Berta Flores, at email@example.com.
Register for Courses
Follow this tutorial to select courses, build your schedule, and register for CE courses.