Build Your Programming Skills
Interested in making a career change to Software Development? The Austin Community College Software Development Bootcamp program is designed to help students develop the skills and learn how to use tools needed for software development. Over 24 weeks of intense instruction and practice, the program teaches both client and server-side software technologies.
You will work on real-life projects, while learning some of the most in-demand technologies on the market today. You will master how to build dynamic web apps from scratch, version control, automated testing, continuous integration and continuous deployment, and software deployment processes.
Bootcamp Coursework includes:
- Back end technologies: NodeJS, ExpressJS, Building & Consuming APIs, MongoDB, and SQL.
- Use of software development tools: Git, Github, Visual Studio Code, Command Line Interface.
- Practice of software development processes: product planning, design, version and development workflow management.
Learn from Mentors
Most of us learn best from experts committed to helping us learn and succeed. You will have plenty of company on this journey. You will work with passionate mentors who have attended the bootcamp and have mastered the topics that we cover. You will work in teams and build connections with your peers to accelerate your career growth.
Best Practices for Learning
Everybody has their own unique learning style. Some do well with lectures i.e. listening, others learn by demos i.e. watching, while some learn by working on projects, i.e. kinesthetic learning styles. This bootcamp teaches you to learn in proven ways, utilizing a combination of techniques, self-study and project work.
- A low student to instructor ratio helps shape students' programming skills.
- Classes are currently held on week nights and Saturday mornings.
- Support in your learning in and out of the classroom.
Gain a Career
Execute your career plan as we help you build your portfolio with projects that help you reach your career goals. We also provide job search training and interview preparation, including:
- How to set up your LinkedIn and Github profiles, which are as important as a resume.
- How to navigate the job search process.
- How to craft a resume that gets noticed by recruiters.
- How to negotiate your first pay package.
Register for Courses
Follow this tutorial to select courses, build your schedule, and register for CE courses.