Advance to the Next Level
Become a more effective leader, manager, or supervisor through practical, skill-based learning in the Leadership and Management Series in the Greater Austin area. Grounded in the practical aspects of day-to-day management, the curriculum develops knowledge and skills useful to a position of influence, whether that be new, seasoned, or aspiring managers and leaders.
About the Program
The Continuing Education Leadership and Management Series at ACC will prepare you to understand some of the critical issues involved in both managing and being managed and equip you to become more effective contributors to organizations that you join or currently work in. Students will learn to:
- Understand and identify management functions, theories, and decision-making processes
- Design and manage change more effectively in organizations
- Build skills needed to communicate effectively in a complex business environment
- Define strategies and tactics needed to influence others and reach long-lasting, profitable agreements
- Apply the concepts and skills of leadership in the work setting and organizations
This series highlights critical management issues involved in business negotiation, change management, organizational communication, managing and leading teams, staff, and organizations.
Full Course Series
- BMGT-1070 Leadership & Management Series
Individual Courses (In Order)
- BMGT-1012 Fundamentals of Management
- BMGT-1028 Negotiation Techniques
- BMGT-1020 Leadership Skills for Supervisors/Managers
- BMGT-2073 Managing Change in the Workplace
- BMGT-1022 Workplace Communication
Register for Courses
Follow this tutorial to select courses, build your schedule, and register for CE courses.