Pursue a Promising Future!
As Austin continues on its chart topping pace as the nation's fastest growing city, the need for quality medical care is rapidly expanding. Medical Assistants who can perform a variety of skilled administrative and clinical tasks are in high demand. To meet this rapid growth in the medical profession, Austin Community College has created an accelerated "Fast Track" program which prepares students to quickly become a highly valued member of any clinical team.
About the Program
The Austin Community College Medical Assistant program creates a defined pathway for you into a rewarding health care career, and may be completed in as little as 6-7 months.
Program highlights include:
- Full-time day or part-time evening classes.
- Classroom, clinical lab, and hands on experience.
- Preparation for the National Medical Assistant exam.
The Registered Medical Assistant CE program consists of ten (10) course sections:
- HPRS-1006 Essentials of Medical Terminology
- MDCA-1021 Administrative Procedures
- MDCA-1009 Anatomy and Physiology for Medical Assistants
- MDCA-1002 Human Disease/Pathophysiology
- HITT-1053 Legal and Ethical Aspects of Health Information
- HITT-1049 Pharmacology
- MDCA-1017 Procedures in a Clinical Setting
- MDCA-1076 Administration of Medications
- MLAB-1001 Introduction to Clinical Laboratory Sciences for Medical Assistants
- MDCA-1064 Practicum: Medical Assistant
Note: Students must have a high school diploma/GED, be proficient in English (reading, writing, and speaking skills), are at least eighteen (18) years of age, and have a clean criminal record. To begin, complete the program application from this page and complete steps 1-3 on the checklist.
Register for Courses
Follow this tutorial to select courses, build your schedule, and register for CE courses.
2022 Fall Semester
Aug 22nd, 2022 - Dec 11th, 2022View Schedule
2023 Spring Semester
Jan 3rd, 2023 - May 29th, 2023View Schedule