A Rewarding Career
If you love animals, then consider the emerging need for Veterinary Assistants in the Greater Austin area. As the population continues to expand, the number of pets is growing and creating an urgent need for caring and qualified veterinary clinical assistants.
Your Building Blocks to Success
The Austin Community College Veterinary Assistant Program is 504 hours that can be completed in approximately one year. By combining hands-on learning with clinical experiences, this program will prepare you to launch a new career as a Certified Veterinary Assistant. The veterinary assistant program qualifies graduates to take the Texas Veterinary Medical Association CVA Level One exam and also articulates with the Veterinary Technology program at ACC. Contact the program coordinator for details.
- VTHT-1008: Orientation to Vet Medicine
- VTHT-1001: Intro to Vet Technology
- VTHT-1013: Vet Anatomy & Physiology
- VTHT-1009: Vet Nutrition
- VTHT-1049: Vet Pharmacology
- VTHT-2023: Vet Clinical Pathology I
- VTHT-1041: Anesthesia/Surgical Assistance
- VTHT-2001: Canine/Feline Clinical Mgmnt.
- VTHT-1066 Practicum: Vet Assistant
This Program Requires An Application!Download
Get Started Now
The program starts in the Fall and Spring of each year. Get your application in now as seats are limited. Please download the program application for information about the application and orientation process.