The Code to a New Career!
The need for trained medical coding specialists is on the rise. To meet this growing demand, Austin Community College Continuing Education offers a one semester daytime program or a two semester online program.
About the Program
The Medical Billing & Coding CE program consists of ten (10) course sections and may be completed in as little as in one semester in a daytime classroom program, or two semesters online.
- HPRS-1006 Essentials of Medical Terminology
- MDCA-1009 Anatomy & Physiology for Medical Assistants
- MDCA-1002 Human Disease/Pathophysiology
- HITT-1053 Legal & Ethical Aspects of Health Info
- HITT-1049 Pharmacology
- HITT-1013 Insurance Coding
- HITT-1041 Coding & Classification Systems
- HITT-2040 Advanced Medical Insurance Billing
- HITT-2045 Coding Certification Exam Review
- Our One Classroom Semester courses take place from 9 am - 4 pm (with hour lunch), Monday - Friday.
- Our Two Online Semesters contain five (5) Non-Coding Classes in Semester 1, and four (4) Coding Classes in Semester 2.
Step 1: Print the program application from this page, and complete items 1-3 on the checklist.
Step 2: Call (512) 223-7055, or Email Jennifer Murillo.
Step 3: Either scan or send a picture from your phone of the completed application to our Applications Specialist, Aida Lasanta, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For all Castlebranch questions, contact Aida Lasanta, at email@example.com.
Register for Courses
Follow this tutorial to select courses, build your schedule, and register for CE courses.
2023 Spring Semester
Jan 3rd, 2023 - May 29th, 2023View Schedule
2023 Summer Semester
May 30th, 2023 - Aug 20th, 2023View Schedule