Take A New Approach!
ACC's Somatic Movement Program will employ a dance-based approach to healing and personal wellbeing through Laban Movement Analysis and Bartenieff Fundamentals. This program is a one-year, 560 contact hour curriculum that includes experiential, practical, and theoretical approaches to promoting body-mind integration, movement re-education, and hands-on physical and neuromuscular re-patterning.
Would You Like To View Program Courses?View Course Schedule
Students will focus on the following themes:
- Observing, describing, visualizing, interpreting, and documenting human movement.
- Supporting the re-patterning of habitual movement choices for restoration, wellness, and self-care.
- Exploring creative approaches to movement education and/or therapy.
- Practicing full integration of body, mind, and environmental relationships.
- Defining ethical practices for working with diverse participant populations.
Your Building Blocks to Success
Upon completion awardees will be prepared to enter the workforce by starting wellness-based private practices; supplementing their existing dance, movement, or fitness disciplines; or, by becoming employees of mental health clinics, rehabilitation centers, nursing homes, hospitals, or other environments serving vulnerable populations.
This coursework may be eligible to use in the ISMETA Independent Track Application to become a Registered Somatic Movement Educator.
This Program Requires An Application!Download
Get Started Now!
To be eligible for the program, applicants must hold any degree (AA or above) or 3 years professional experience in the following: Dance, Kinesiology, Yoga Therapist, Physical Education, Psychiatry, Psychology, Medicine, Nursing, Social Work, Physical Therapy, Massage Therapy, Occupational Therapy, Health, Exercise, or Fitness.